[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How to change the anarduino boot loader  XML
Forum Index » Anarduino
rrobinet

[Avatar]

Hi,

For some good reasons (optiboot, low power configuration, dual boot), I need to change the anarduino boot loader.
For the time being I did some trials using the arduino IDE Arduino as ISP method.
After 2 trials, resulting in anarduino brain dead modules I have decided to stop the experience
Doing the same with a Moteino, the only issue I had was with the RFM module installed.
So removing the RFM module, there is no problem to reprogram the boot loader.
So I decided a last test with an anarduino, removing all SPI devices (SPI flash ram and the RFM module), but the result was the same
i.e. no communication with the processor after boot loader upgrade.
I wonder if somebody has a working method to change the anarduino boot loader.
Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/03/2017 03:59:42

Rick

Reprogramming and rebootloading these should not be an issue. Older units had possible SPI contention due to floating chip select on the RFM radio, but we have long since added a pullup on that.
It does not make sense that you are having this issue, but I would like to try to duplicate the issue.
Please send me a private message so we can arrange, and the results we can post here for the benefit of all.
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Rick
jrbenito

Hi rrobinet,

What Arduino did you use as ISP? Was it a 3v3 version or a 5v version?

I will try this with a Due that is the only 3v3 available that I have. I think try to use one MiniWireless as ISP to burn bl on the other would not be easy due SPIs on both boards playing around. Am I right Rick?

BRs,
JrBenito
jrbenito

Hi there,

Just to report I had success burning bootloader to MWs using a Due as ISP (due because it is 3v3 and I have it laying around). Need to pull up D5 and D10 due to CS signal from Flash and RFM69 and reset signal from due did not work when connected to DTR pin on the MW, need to hook it direct to RST pad.

I used Mr. Light version of dualoptibootloader with Wireless programming capabilities. (which also worked very well).

Forum Index » Anarduino
Go to: