[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Anarduino with LoRa module - which digital pins can I use?  XML
Forum Index » Anarduino
d00m

Hello,

I have a two questions: I want to know definitely exact answer - which digital pins (from 2 to 13) can I use:

1) - for power my simple circuit, for example - thermosensor ?
I want set this pin to HIGH and I expect that I'll get 3.3 volt and it power my thermosensor etc, then I set pin to LOW and power should stop.

2) - for using in SoftSerial mode or for 1-wire - In my project I'm already using some pins for SoftSerial (3 and 5) and for 1-wire bus (6 and

During my tests I figured out that only pin number 7 works as I expected - it provides 3 volts in HIGH state and 0 volts on LOW state. I uses it for power my thermosensors.
So I decided to test all pins and check voltage in OUTPUT mode.
I have simple code to check it:

I start Anarduino with this code for every pin from 2 to 13 and check voltage with multimeter.
Here are the values that I received:

As far I understand, only pins 6, 7 and 8 can be used for powering.
pin 5 provides 0.165v in sleep mode so it seems it will consume some power in sleep mode. not good.

pin 9 - it is onboard LED - also consumes power in sleep mode.

pins 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 13 - have strange behavior and I can't use it for powering, but maybe some of these pins can be used for 1-wire or SoftSerial? For example I already using pin3 for SoftSerial RX.
But I'm not sure if I can use pins 9 - 13 - I have some doubts - seems they uses for SPI bus for connecting HopeRF LoRa module and if I choose some of that pins for powering my other circuit (mosfet key in my case) I think it lead to some issues with radio communication.

pin 12 also consumes in sleep mode.

Please advice.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/03/2017 06:52:29

svorres

If you take a look at the MiniWireless published schematic you will find the the only free pin on the Digital Side are Pins 6, 7, 8

Pin 9 is the LED

all others are occupied by other services ( MISO, Interrupts etc ) and not recommended for beginners to mulit task.

The Analog PIns are only Labeled as Analog, they are indeed usable as Input or Output pins, I believe A0-A7 are free for you to use as Digital In or Output

Forum Index » Anarduino
Go to: