[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Anarduino with LoRa module - which digital pins can I use?  XML
Forum Index » Anarduino
d00m

Hello,

I have a two questions: I want to know definitely exact answer - which digital pins (from 2 to 13) can I use:

1) - for power my simple circuit, for example - thermosensor ?
I want set this pin to HIGH and I expect that I'll get 3.3 volt and it power my thermosensor etc, then I set pin to LOW and power should stop.

2) - for using in SoftSerial mode or for 1-wire - In my project I'm already using some pins for SoftSerial (3 and 5) and for 1-wire bus (6 and

During my tests I figured out that only pin number 7 works as I expected - it provides 3 volts in HIGH state and 0 volts on LOW state. I uses it for power my thermosensors.
So I decided to test all pins and check voltage in OUTPUT mode.
I have simple code to check it:

I start Anarduino with this code for every pin from 2 to 13 and check voltage with multimeter.
Here are the values that I received:

As far I understand, only pins 6, 7 and 8 can be used for powering.
pin 5 provides 0.165v in sleep mode so it seems it will consume some power in sleep mode. not good.

pin 9 - it is onboard LED - also consumes power in sleep mode.

pins 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 13 - have strange behavior and I can't use it for powering, but maybe some of these pins can be used for 1-wire or SoftSerial? For example I already using pin3 for SoftSerial RX.
But I'm not sure if I can use pins 9 - 13 - I have some doubts - seems they uses for SPI bus for connecting HopeRF LoRa module and if I choose some of that pins for powering my other circuit (mosfet key in my case) I think it lead to some issues with radio communication.

pin 12 also consumes in sleep mode.

Please advice.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/03/2017 06:52:29

svorres

If you take a look at the MiniWireless published schematic you will find the the only free pin on the Digital Side are Pins 6, 7, 8

Pin 9 is the LED

all others are occupied by other services ( MISO, Interrupts etc ) and not recommended for beginners to mulit task.

The Analog PIns are only Labeled as Analog, they are indeed usable as Input or Output pins, I believe A0-A7 are free for you to use as Digital In or Output

DavidTurner

Lists of the posts are prepared for the happiness of the people. The round shape of the bestessay reviews is ensured for the linkages for the humans. It is implemented for the attainment of the goals for the humans.
PatrickTrumbauer

When you signed up for a Credit Card Processing service for your business, you might have thought the only benefit was being able to process credit card payments. Actually, there are a lot more benefits than that.

Forum Index » Anarduino
Go to: