[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
RFM69HC not transmitting  XML
Forum Index » HopeRF
MikeH

Recently purchased 4 RFM69HC modules as replacement parts for an existing wireless network already utilizing these radios. After wiring up one of the radios and installing it into a test setup, I noticed that the radio would neither TX Or RX. The question is WHY? Relevant facts:
1. Using two other modules identical in markings to the ones I purchased, the test setup produces consistent, predictable results. therefore the setup is OK.
2. There is no problem communicating with the new radio; able to read registers verify settings, get temp, write and read FIFO.... Host to radio comm. is OK.
In essence, when I use a module from my stock it works, but when I drop in the new module it neither sends or receives.
Thinking that I might just have a bad part or handled it poorly, I carefully wired up two more, but both demonstrated the same problem. So that brings me here. Assuming that the parts came from the same batch, it could be a manufacturing issue, if so, there should be others encountering the same problem. Anyone? Or as it has been too many times in the past, I am missing something simple. Any takers on this one?

Forum Index » HopeRF
Go to: