[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
RTC VBAT  XML
Forum Index » Anarduino
jrbenito

Hi Rick and All,

Is it possible to cut the PCB line connecting RTC VBAT pin to vcc? The idea is solder a wire to a externa battery to keep RTC running while MW is disconnected. The idea is to cut with knife and use the pad to solder the wire but I cannot see path (I guess it is bellow the RTC chip, am I right?)

Thanks.
Rick

Greetings,

Yes, the etch for VBAT (Pin 3) on the RTC runs under the chip, so it is not practical to try and cut the etch. The best way is to unsolder and lift the VBAT pin and wire directly to the lifted pin.
Hopefully it is easily doable for you, but let us know how things work out. Thanks.

Best Regards,
-Rick
jrbenito

Rick wrote:
Yes, the etch for VBAT (Pin 3) on the RTC runs under the chip, so it is not practical to try and cut the etch. The best way is to unsolder and lift the VBAT pin and wire directly to the lifted pin.
Hopefully it is easily doable for you, but let us know how things work out. Thanks.

Thanks Rick!

Suggestion: next revision, think in left the vbat independent and connected to vcc through a pcb jumper. If one wants to use external battery just cut the jumper (knife) and solder a wire in the jumper pad.

BR

Forum Index » Anarduino
Go to: