[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Alternative antenna for the RFM73P 2.4GHz modules  XML
Forum Index » HopeRF
JMZawodny

I'm interested in the RFM73P, but would like to put a CP antenna on it. The PDF spec sheet is nearly useless, however, I do note what looks like an alternative antenna port on the long edge of the module which seems to be labeled ANT1. So, I have a few questions. Has anyone bypassed the PCB antenna in favor of something else (like an SMA jack)? Is the ANT1 really an alternative port, and if so, how does one select it or disable the on-board antenna? I did not see a SW setting for this in the spec sheet. If the recommendation is to simply cut the trace to the PCB antenna, does anyone know what the output impedance is?

On a related note: does HopeRF have any plans for other 2.4GHz modules or anything at 1.2GHz?

Thanks,
[WWW]
stevech

"CP" antenna is?

1.2GHz - I don't think that band is unlicensed in No. America and much of the world.
Is it unlicensed in your region?
JMZawodny

Circularly Polarized.

Yes, 1.2GHz does require a license, so that limits the market somewhat.
[WWW]
stevech

I recall that hams have a band around 1.2GHz.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23-centimeter_band

Though I've been a ham licensee continuously since high school (never mind what year that was)...

propagation losses at 1.2GHz would be a bit onerous, for a low cost/small system. Just a bit more than at 868 (EU) and 902-928MHz (US) and 918-928MHz (AUS), unlicensed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/03/2015 16:30:04

Forum Index » HopeRF
Go to: