[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: johanneswiig
Forum Index » Profile for johanneswiig » Messages posted by johanneswiig
Hi,
What settings should I use in the Arduino IDE to program the MW?

Specifically under Tools > Board > ..
and under Tools > Processor > .. (if this one becomes an option for the board type selected)

I can upload the code with a few different options set, but it hangs when it tries to send a packet using the radio.send((byte)GATEWAY_ID, (const void *)&msgBuf[0], (byte)sizeof(msgBuf), requestACK);
in the Tnode example.

hey stevech, and other prominent Anarduino fans,
I'm not sure about the differences of the baud rates on the bootloaders but I'd be surprised if they turn out to be different.

I'll keep working on this with the LoRa boards since they work. But I'm still wondering why the Arduino IDE can't program the MW using the Tools > Board > Arduino Uno,
which works fine with Moteino R4 and booth use Atmega328P..
I seem to be able to upload the code using these setting in the Arduino IDE:

Tools > Board > Arduino Pro or Pro Mini
and then set:
Tools > Processor > ATmega328 3.3V 8 MHz

and also
Tools > Board > Arduino Nano
with
Tools > Processor > ATmega 328.

However, it will not upload code to two other similar boards (not LoRa),
Here I get various avrdude error messages:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xee

could I have messed up the bootloader? What is the procedure to burn the proper bootloader for the MW?
Hi,
I just got my shipment of MWs. I'm trying to program a MW (RFM69 based) with the sample code TGateway using a USB BUB II ( http://moderndevice.com/product/usb-bub-ii/ ) but I get this error:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x53.

When just running the serial monitor I do get the output from the MW from the preloaded code, testing the RTC and memory etc.
I have no problem programming a Moteino R4 with the same setup, and I guess I assumed it would work the same with the MW.

What am I missing?
Would be good to know if anybody else have been able to program the MW with the USB BUB II.

Grateful for insights!

Forum Index » Profile for johanneswiig » Messages posted by johanneswiig
Go to: