I'm having trouble programming my newly received minWireless22s (rfm22b module, 433MHz) using an FTDI adapter (JY-MCU USB Adapter) and Arduino IDE (V1.0.6).
Is there a definitive guide on programming this device? I can find only a "coming soon" link on the web page. Searching this forum only brings up more questions.
Is there a definition of what bootloader used on the device, and what fuses are set on ATmega328 as shipped?
I'm using a 3.3V FTDI
- Power by applying +5V VBUS power to the Vin pin of the board to power the uP through the on-board regulator.
- GND of adapter to board GND
- Tx of adapter to board Rx (3.3V logic level)
- Rx of adapter to board Tx (3.3V logic level)
- DTR of adapter to board DTR
In the IDE I'm using Duemilanove ATmega328, and am getting only "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xbf" errors. I've tried Pro Mini at 8 and 16MHz, Uno, but feel I am only guessing and hoping.
Does the device come pre-programmed with something so I can check my serial connection? On startup I get a fast flashing RED LED, followed by some gibberish on Rx, and then finally a slow blinking red LED. Playing with baud rate on my connection does not give me anything readable on the Rx input.
Wondering where to go next.