[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: grantsmith
Forum Index » Profile for grantsmith » Messages posted by grantsmith
Hi,

Looking at http://www.anarduino.com/miniwireless/#schematic I deduce that the following pins are used by the internal electronics, assuming RTC, Radio and Memory are all being used by a sketch:

RTC: D3, A4, A5
Memory: D5, D11, D12, D13
Radio: D2, D10, D11, D12, D13

Questions:

1. Why is there a pull-up on D3 ? Can I use D3 and Interrupt 1 ?
2. If I don't use RTC, Memory or Radio (or any combination) in my sketch, does that mean the pins used above for those two are accessible ? Or will there be unpredictable side-effects ?
3. The schematic is for RFM12B - Has anything changed for the LoRa Miniwireless modules ?
4. If I power from 3.3V into VCC (NOT VIN), does this completely bypass the voltage regulator ? I want to create a low power/sleeping battery powered situation where the module is woken up by an interrupt on pin D3, without the inefficiencies of a voltage regulator in the way.

Thanks,
-Grant.
Steve,

Wow, this would be truly useful to me. I am designing a remote water meter reading system and it would be fantastic to be able to deploy new code to the field. Will your new library be open sourced ? Any idea when it would be available ?

Thanks,
-Grant.
Rick,

This is very exciting. With two AAA batteries, and say, waking up and transmitting data for a brief burst once an hour, how long do you calculate the batteries to last ?

-Grant.
Rick,

If I wanted to power one of the new LoRa Miniwireless modules WITHOUT using FTDI, what would the best option be ? Could I just apply 3.3v to VCC, from a 3.3V wall charger ?

Also, would 500mA suffice ?

Forum Index » Profile for grantsmith » Messages posted by grantsmith
Go to: