[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: cbanta
Forum Index » Profile for cbanta » Messages posted by cbanta
Hey Rick
- what temperature range do you need to support?

normal outdoor temperatures, from -15 through 110F would be about right.

- temperature accuracy?
Within a couple of degrees would work

- sample rate?
every 5 minutes at the least, but once a minute would be great.

- data collection and retrieval: wired or wireless, real time? buffered, or just stored data?
Wireless upload to an Arduino, that's going to a Raspberry Pi that's remote uploading.

- battery life requirements?
for this part, I'd like at least 6 months, but a year is preferable.

- if wireless, what range? what transmission protocol? wifi, fsk, ask, etc..?
~10 feet, for protocol i'm a bit more flexible.

I would also like to measure frequency (50-400hz) as well, I'm still working that bit out, size is another bigger factor I'm planning on putting this inside a wooden bee hive, so it will be sealed and I'm hoping to make it fairly discrete to the bees.

any thoughts/suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.

Hello All,
I understand that this is a very simple question, and I think I've figured it out, but want to be sure I'm not missing something. I'm working on a project for a programming class and need to monitor temperature in a sealed environment. This will be battery operated so the low power features of the Anarduino chips are what drew me here. It looks like the CW-915 matches my needs and then some, there's also the example which appears to do exactly what I'm looking for, but I wanted to ask, being that I only need temperature and no other inputs, is there a better chip for my application that I'm missing?
Thank you,
cbanta

Forum Index » Profile for cbanta » Messages posted by cbanta
Go to: