[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: MrLight
Forum Index » Profile for MrLight » Messages posted by MrLight
MrLight wrote:
I will post the bootloader when I successfully fixed that flash read error... (But it can take some time as I'm back on job for now...)

You can find a working bootloader here:
https://github.com/MrLight/DualOptiboot

Look in the AtmelStudio Folder where you can find two *.hex files. Those files are working for me. In case of a problem use the debug Version and take a look into the Output.
Take attention to the two PullUps at D5 and D10 during flashing...

bwhouse wrote:
Do you mean you pulled the latest wirelessprograming libraries or the latest DualOptiboot loader and then modified it and re-built? Can you also confirm the fuse settings you have used when burning the bootloader?

Hi,
I pulled the latest wirelessprogramming libraries and not the bootloader.
To compile the bootlaoder I have installed the old arduino environment (1.5.6) which comes with make. With that I was able to compile and upload the Bootloader with "qmake miniwireless_isp". All fuses set by the make skript are correct. (As mentioned above)

I will post the bootloader when I successfully fixed that flash read error... (But it can take some time as I'm back on job for now...)
bwhouse wrote:Did anyone have any luck with getting this working?

Hi,
during the last few days I have also done some tests with wireless programming of the miniwireless boards. I can confirm that the code is partly working. But only in some cases the flashing is running successful and I think the code needs some minor optimizations...

First I struggled with the bootloader flashing and with the verification error you have mentioned above. I could solve this by adding two 10k pull-up resistors on on Pin D5 and D10. This is needed to deselect the flash and the rfm from the spi bus. Without this we have some influences an the SPI Bus. The internal pullup of the avr is not working during ISP programming.

Flashing of the bootloader works fine after that.

bwhouse wrote:Mirmit I am trying you DualOptiboot6 from the linked github repo and have manged to upload it to the board and can send the firmware fine, but on reboot it doesn't appear to flash the new code.

I would really like to get this working as I have a few nodes in annoying spots, that would benefit from wireless upload.

After that i pulled the latest libraries from LowPowerLab and changed the Select Pin from the flash from 8 to 5. I also changed the flash ManufacturerID to 0120.
After that the wireless programming of the SPI Flash works fine. But the reflashing of the avr after reboot still struggles. With the LowPowerLabs node sketch we are able to look inside the SPIFlash by dumping the first page to the terminal (press 'd') Here everything looks fine.. And bizarrely after dumping the flash with pressing 'd' and reboot the node by pressing 'r' the flashing of the node works during restart. I think the SPIFlash needs to be put in readmode but I haven't found the right command yet. (honestly I haven't looked deeply into that yet)

Forum Index » Profile for MrLight » Messages posted by MrLight
Go to: