[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: kjmclark
Forum Index » Profile for kjmclark » Messages posted by kjmclark
Two related questions. (Never sure if the local etiquette is to always start a new thread or find the closest existing one!)

1) OK, but how do you actually attach an antenna? I have some SMA female solder-on connectors I could attach (like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-New-SMA-Female-PCB-Edge-Mount-RF-Jack-Solder-Connectors-US-stock-FPV-Antenna-/151662456292?hash=item234fc96de4:g:KWAAAOSwEeFVSAAM), but how would I attach those? Is there some recommended antenna attachment?

2) I have two different antennas I want to attach. I have Yagi antennas tuned for ~900MHz (my anarduinos are all 915MHz) that have a female N-type attachment. I have some male SMA to male N-type cables I was planning to use. I also have some short whip antennas (SMA) that didn't work for what I had intended, but they'll be be really short for 915MHz. They're only a little over an inch. OK for testing maybe. Should I stick with SMA for everything?

My project involves two locations that are only about 100ft apart, and a third that's about 500 ft south of the more southern of the first two. They're all pretty much in a line (with clear line-of-sight). I was planning to use the yagis for the distant ones, with just a whip for the third.

Thanks!

Forum Index » Profile for kjmclark » Messages posted by kjmclark
Go to: