[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: jupdyke
Forum Index » Profile for jupdyke » Messages posted by jupdyke
Hello all,

I have had two of these miniwireless 22 boards for a while now. Try are the 433mhz versions and I have not had any luck with them. I started working with them months ago. I soldered on some headers and was able to program them using my FTDI cable. I found that the led was on in 9 and loaded up the blink program through the arduino IDE and it all seems good.

Next I wanted to try out the radios. So loaded up radio head library
http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/RadioHead/

and opened up the example code for the client. Once loaded it failed to initialize. Looking at the serial monitor I got the following message:

RF22 init failed
Sending to rf22_server

Not very helpful. But I opened up the header files and added in some more serial print lines to try and see what was going on. I found out that the section of the library code that was the following section.

// Get the device type and check it
// This also tests whether we are really connected to a device
_deviceType = spiRead(RF22_REG_00_DEVICE_TYPE);
Serial.println("Device Type:");
Serial.println(spiRead(RF22_REG_00_DEVICE_TYPE));
if ( _deviceType != RF22_DEVICE_TYPE_RX_TRX
&& _deviceType != RF22_DEVICE_TYPE_TX)
return false;

When I look at the serial output with these extra println I see that the device type returns 0. When I had problems with these boards I ordered a RFM22 shield from sparkfun. I plugged this into an arduino uno and loaded up the same code. This returns the device type to be 8. I asked in the RadioHead google group and I was told this:

"SPI read of 0 indicates that the problem appears to be that SPI comms are not
working with your radio. This is usually due to an electrical connection error
or problem. "

So I am at a loss. Has anyone used these boards before? Are my boards defective? I have emailed Anarduino but no response.

Forum Index » Profile for jupdyke » Messages posted by jupdyke
Go to: