[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Harry D. Matter
Forum Index » Profile for Harry D. Matter » Messages posted by Harry D. Matter
Your wiring link suggests that you're using 3.3v. The RFM95PW requires a higher voltage. Maybe 3.3v is enough to power it for RX but not TX.
That's probably correct. Set it for 20dBm and PA_BOOST and get the full module output of 27/30dBm at the antenna. We can't measure the RF output here with any precision though, so I don't know exactly what it's doing.

They definitely draw a lot more current during transmit vs. the RFM95W. It wasn't on the scope at the time, but when sending long packets at the 20dBm setting the bench supply was hitting upwards of 450mA. Not to forget - this is not a 3.3V module like the RFM95W. It's 5-6.5V and has an on-board regulator for providing 3.3V to a connected microcontroller. That makes for about 3W of dissipation. Logic is still 3.3V.

One of my team ordered these units. I'm not sure where they came from but they look similar to if not the same as the photos on the product page except it's shielded by a metal enclosure on the component side of the board.
Regarding the 30dBm/27dBm high-power modules now available:

868/915MHz Enhanced Power RF LoRa Transceiver Module

After receiving some of these and testing to be sure they are compatible with RFM95W code (they are), I realized there's no reference anywhere that I can find on setting the power registers for full power output. Libraries such as RadioHead limit the values per the requirements for the RFM95 series, and while I can change that in the library code, I'm not sure what values I can/should use. It may seem obvious, and it probably is what I assume it to be, but that's the point of a datasheet, right? To make clear such important parameters?

The datasheet on the above page is very limited. It seems to cover only the basics and offers no advice on handling the difference between the models.

Help?

Forum Index » Profile for Harry D. Matter » Messages posted by Harry D. Matter
Go to: