[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: DanaK6JQ
Forum Index » Profile for DanaK6JQ » Messages posted by DanaK6JQ
What transmit power level are you running the RFM69WH at?

Dana K6JQ

On further thought, it is possible that +20dBm setting isn't required for full output power of this module. Specified output of +27dBm (900MHz) is probably from a device with gain of greater than 10dB and pretty surely more than 7dB. So I'd try setting the SX127x to +17dBm for full output. There's a note in the Semtech datasheet that +20dBm operation is limited to a maximum of 1% duty cycle, too. The 430MHz power amplifier probably has a bit more gain, too. So +17dBm is likely the max power level to run the part at.

Cheers,
Dana
If these are like the RFM23BP, the module adds a power amplifier with a fixed amount of gain to the transmit path (and presumably via the PA_BOOST pin; you can probably tell by looking at the blown-up photograph to see which pins are connected). The question is do you configure the SX127x for +17dBm or +20dBm; experimentally you could try both, I suppose - it is not likely to damage the power amplifier. I'm highly interested in obtaining a handful of these modules for evaluation, as well.

Cheers,
Dana

Forum Index » Profile for DanaK6JQ » Messages posted by DanaK6JQ
Go to: