[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: mirmit
Forum Index » Profile for mirmit » Messages posted by mirmit
The power isn't changed from default value. The very same Raspberry Pi and its software send fine with another tranceiver.
I have a setup with a RFM69WH plugged on a Raspberry Pi. the system worked fine for about 2 years. Recently, I noticed the system were not able to transmit data. The data reception still work fine.

I swapped the RFM module with another one and this is able to transmit and receive messages. This leads me to eliminate SW or Raspberry issue.

Is there a way to figure out what went wrong, What could be the source of the issue?
Hi Robert,

Not sure why the MiniWireless come with duemilanove , but there are no issue at puting OptiBoot or DualOptiboot on it. I upgraded all of mine to the dDalOptiboot to support OTA update without any issue.

My port, based on Optiboot6 is available at https://github.com/abouillot/DualOptiboot6

Mirmit
Sorry for the delay coming back to the forum.

It seems the issue is more on flashing than OptiBoot code itself. I can direct you to http://miscellany.bouillot.org/post/103629247675/travel-in-arduinos-bootloader-land where I explain the cooking part on bootloader.

Given the address 0x7800, I suspect some fuse issue.

could you run - adjusted to your own config, especially the port to use and paths

The output should be

This should match the values set in makefile.custom and board.txt
When compiling the bootloader, you get an output like:

In this case, the size is 1954, even if the hex file is 5541 bytes long
The bootloader fit within 2K and therefore, except if you need more than 30K for your sketches, this is suitable out of the box. The only point to take care of is about the fuses, to accommodate the bootloader size and the boot sequence.
Hi,

I've published my port of DualOptiboot onto OptiBoot v6.

The code is accessible at https://github.com/abouillot/DualOptiboot6.

Other changes in the support libraries are the Flash Erasing, to be made by 4K pages, as Spanion chip doesn't support 32K block erase.

Be sure to adjust the low fuse to DE, instead of default FF for most arduino boards, to correctly flash after reboot.

The code still needs optimisation, especially on size side
I've been able to make some progress with LowPowerLab wireless programming solution, but it need some polishing before publish.

In addition to the Flash CS pin change between the boards, I've struggled a lot because, it seem the erase page doesn't properly work and some of the SPI communication doesn' t work so well. The chip identification almost always return 00.

I'm ready to share as it is if someone want to start from there.

Forum Index » Profile for mirmit » Messages posted by mirmit
Go to: