[Logo] Anarduino and HopeRF Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics     [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: GeorgeR
Forum Index » Profile for GeorgeR » Messages posted by GeorgeR
Hi @stevech

Thanks for the detailed reply, I have looked into the RadioHead library and the reliadble datagram protocol which makes it one of the most suited to my requirement.

I have read the Semtech LoRa review and they are talking 2.5Km's in builtup (high rise) areas and +-15Km's in line of sight open area's with the SX1301 chip (data concentrator as a base station) which is impressive.

If I had an idea of the range a Anarduino LoRa board is capable of then I will know what to expect in the field give or take a few unexpected events (I would have thought tests like these would be carried out by Anarduino as it instills confidence and details the expectation to prospective clients), the frm69 boards have AES128 which provides a level of data protection which the LoRa protocol does not offer, can I do say 2.5 to 5 Km's on a RFM69 board with a small structured payload message of no longer than 100 bytes, acknowledge from the receiver required.

There are a number of shortcoming from my readings, the RFM95-98 radios dont have any level of encryption but do have hardware crc, might be part of the power savings regime, which leaves the consideration of data protection vs range, where perhaps both are required simplifies the decision, but in my case either could apply but would need to know the expected ranges.

Regards
Yep, thanks for the insight, lets then clarify in a Use Case scenario to avoid the obvious.

Radios: RFM 95 W in LoRa Modulation on 433/868 or 915Mhz.
Data Rate: 1.2Kbs or approx 1200 bits per second.
What was the Line Of Sight result and what was the through dense brush/buildings result?

All I am asking is have there been range tests and under what conditions and what data rates and what frequency were the tests done at, not an unfair question, I do want to buy the product but need to know something about the unit capabilities vs the radio manufacturers suggested capabilities to see if it suits my requirement.
Hi, has there been any range tests on the rfm95-98 units inLoRa modulation and a comparative test on the rfm69h w. Many thanks

Forum Index » Profile for GeorgeR » Messages posted by GeorgeR
Go to: